Monday, April 13, 2009

Christ in the Americas


The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints holds an Art Contest once every three years. Last year, I painted this to enter into the contest. As I took photos of the model who was portraying the Savior, I asked my daughters to stand by him. My intention was to have them stand there so I could get an idea of the size of the children as they stood next to the Savior. Later, I would hold a second photo shoot with other children to stand in as the models for the painting.

As I reviewed the pictures from the original photo shoot, I noticed that one of my daughters had crossed her toes. I liked the pose so much, that I made her the focal point of the painting, and decided not to find new models for the children. So, I turned my daughter's blond hair to black. She is looking directly at the viewer with her feet on top of one another, and her toes are crossed. As you guessed, the crossed toes are my favorite part of the painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment